Kenneth Quinn is a partner in the North America International Commercial Practice Group in Washington, DC. He is Global Chair, Aviation, and co-chair of the Unmanned Aircraft Systems multidisciplinary team.
Ken is a former chief counsel of the US Federal Aviation Administration (1991-93), counselor to the Secretary of Transportation (1989-91), and senior advisor to the Office of the President-Elect (1988). He has served as general counsel and secretary of the Flight Safety Foundation for the past 15 years.
He is a fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society, is counsel to its DC Branch, and serves on the RAeS Membership Board. He served as President of the International Aviation Club (2015-16).
Ken acts as litigation, regulatory, enforcement, antitrust and commercial counsel to several domestic and international airlines, aerospace companies, lenders and lessors, private equity and hedge funds, online travel and social media companies, developers, and other aviation companies.
- DePaul University College of Law (JD with honors) (1985)
- Northern Illinois University (BS Finance) (1982)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (2012)
- District of Columbia~United States (1997)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit (1997)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Royal Aeronautical Society – Counsel to its DC Branch, Fellow (2006)
- Flight Safety Foundation – General counsel and secretary, 2004-present
- American Bar Association – Section of Antitrust Law
- American Bar Association – Forum on Air and Space Law – Chair (1994-1996), Executive Committee Member (1994-present)
- American Bar Association – Torts Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- American Bar Association – Aviation and Space Law Committee
Representative Legal Matters:
- Representing one of the world’s largest social media companies in projects involving Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- Advising high-technology companies on manned aircraft systems using drone technology.
- Representing Delta Air Lines in litigation in DC Circuit, 5th Circuit, Northern District of Texas, and FAA in a dispute with the city of Dallas and Southwest over gates and flights at Love Field.
- Representing several developers in airspace hazard determinations.
- Preferred provider of legal services to aircraft lessor GECAS for over a decade.
- Represented Bombardier and Learjet in certification, litigation and enforcement matters.
Rate : $$$$