Kenneth R. Sagan joined Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Lexington office as a Member in 2015, bringing to the firm a wealth of legal wins and long history of civic involvement. Ken co-chairs SKO’s Business Services practice and serves clients through several other practice groups.
He has handled mergers and acquisitions in the manufacturing, health care, construction and technology industries, among others. He routinely assists technology and early stage companies in financing transactions, including debt and equity private placements, strategic partnerships, and licensing.
Before joining SKO, Ken served as executive member and, later, chairman at another Kentucky-based law firm. He was named Lexington Lawyer of the Year for 2013 by Best Lawyers in America® in the corporate law category.
Business Services: Ken leverages his deep and varied experience in corporate law to represent businesses of all types. He touches multiple specialties across the business spectrum, as noted below in specific practice areas.
Mergers & Acquisitions: Ken’s work in this practice area has included transactions involving a publicly traded natural gas company, auto parts manufacturers, highway contractors, plastic products manufacturers, a minor league baseball team and a biotech company. He has served as the lead deal counsel in the purchase and sale of companies, as well as purchases of business assets and redemptions of a company stock.
Corporate Finance & Lending: Focusing primarily on entrepreneurial financing, Ken guides startups and other companies through the complexities of seed capital rounds, private placements, convertible loans, venture financings and government incentives.
Emerging Business and Venture Capital: Ken helps new businesses raise and structure capital to help grow their fledgling companies and launch their ideas in the marketplace. At every stage of a venture, he provides sound legal advice to help foster success in the turbulent business landscape.
Health Care: Ken offers counsel to clients throughout the difficult, highly regulated and ever-changing health care industry. He provides representation across a spectrum of matters, for both nonprofit and for-profit organizations.
Real Estate: Drawing on his expertise in financial law, Ken represents lenders and borrowers in real estate transactions that range from producing the documentation for multi-state transactions to advising on the strategies for real estate and commercial financing.
Securities & Corporate Governance: Ken represents startups from formation through initial capital raises. He also assists clients with services ranging from negotiation of buy-sell agreements to compliance with securities.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 1983, J.D., with distinction, Kentucky Law Journal
- University of Kentucky 1980, B.A., with high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
ADMISSIONS : Kentucky
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association, Corporate, Banking & Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- UK College of Law Visiting Committee
- Commerce Lexington, former executive board member and chair
- Lexington Strides Ahead Foundation, board member
- Lexington Rotary Club, former board member
- Lexington Rotary Club Endowment Fund, former board member
- Girl Scouts USA—Wilderness Road Council, former board member
- Catholic Diocese of Lexington Cross Roads, former editorial board member
Rate : $$$