Scott Newman is a shareholder in the Nashville office of Baker Donelson. Mr. Newman is a member of the Health Law Group and focuses on corporate and transactional issues in the health care industry. Prior to joining Baker Donelson, he served a judicial clerk externship for the Honorable Judge Thomas Rose in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Mr. Newman has experience in stock and asset purchases and other general business transactions, including numerous purchases, mergers, or sales of not for profit and investor owned hospitals, ASCs, physician practices and laboratories. He has assisted and managed others in the negotiation, due diligence and closing of transactions.
He assists health care providers with regulatory compliance and licensing issues and assisted a major nonprofit academic medical center in review of its physician contracts. He also assists health care businesses in entity formation, governance issues, and general contract negotiation and drafting.
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- University of Evansville, B.S. in Business Administration, 2000
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 2007
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Nashville Bar Association
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$