Kenneth B. Walton is a partner in the Boston and Hartford offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Professional Liability, General Liability/Excess and Labor & Employment Practices.
Ken focuses his trial practice in Massachusetts and Connecticut on the defense of general liability/excess matters and professional liability matters, including architects, engineers, surveyors, trucking companies, stockbrokers, lawyers, financial broker/dealers, directors and officers, insurance agents and real estate brokers.
Ken is admitted to the bar and represents clients in Federal and State courts, in both jury and non-jury cases, in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire and New York. Ken has handled hundreds of trials, mediations, arbitrations and administrative hearings throughout the country including dozens of wrongful death cases.
He also serves as a panel member on medical malpractice tribunals and as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. Ken has been recognized for his expertise in civil litigation defense work in national and local Super Lawyers publications for ten (10) consecutive years.
After graduating from law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Frank H. Freedman in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- New England School of Law (now known as New England Law Boston), Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1992
- St. Lawrence University, Bachelor of Arts, Economics, 1989
- State Bar Admissions
- New York
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Representative Matters :
- Obtained trial victory in multi-million dollar case involving two deaths in Connecticut Superior Court.
- Obtained trial victory in multi-million dollar lawsuit filed against engineering client in Connecticut Superior Court.
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful death lawsuit filed against client arising out of a bridge project.
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful death lawsuit against client arising out of traffic accident.
- Obtained defense verdict in favor of corporate client after a Bench Trial in the District Court department.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of client in $10 million lawsuit filed by Owner. Successfully affirmed dismissal of the lawsuit at Massachusetts Appeals Court.
Rate : $$$