Kenny Maechtlen Cochran has a nationwide practice defending clients in complex and individual cases involving product liability, construction defects, and personal injury or wrongful death.
He has secured favorable results for consumer goods manufacturers and security-alarm companies by focusing on early case resolution and dispositive motion practice. His skills include coordinating fact and expert discovery; deposing plaintiffs, corporate representatives, and fact witnesses; and conducting oral arguments in state and federal courts.
But Kenny’s strongest passion is writing and advancing his clients’ interests through effective briefing in every stage of litigation.
Kenny has contributed hundreds of hours to pro bono advocacy and philanthropy in Kansas City. His pro bono matters have required significant time in court, including a § 1983 action involving mistreatment of an inmate, a guardian ad litem role, and a criminal defense matter involving unique constitutional issues. Kenny also has been a member of Big Brother Big Sisters for more than seven years.
Before joining Shook, Kenny served in complementary legal sectors. In law school, he worked in the international legal department of a Fortune 500 company facilitating regulatory compliance and preparing his client and outside counsel for a large-scale international arbitration.
While classes were in session, Kenny assisted the Tennessee Solicitor General in the coordination of appellate litigation. During college, Kenny implemented reforms within a collaborative Six Sigma effort among nine affordable housing agencies and their private sector partners in Washington, D.C., and served as a legal assistant to a law firm.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2016
- B.A., with distinction, University of Kansas, 2013 (Political Science)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Founder’s Circle, Vanderbilt Law School
- Young Friends of Art – Nelson-Atkins Museum
- Young Leaders Society-United Way of Greater Kansas City
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
Rate : $$$