Keo Shaw is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Washington, DC office. She practices all aspects of intellectual property law and also advises on regulatory issues. Keo has a particular industry focus on healthcare, food and technology sectors. Prior to joining our Washington, DC office Keo was an associate in Baker McKenzie’s London office.
Keo has contentious experience in relation to patent and trademark law, in addition to commercial disputes. She has been involved in disputes before the English and European Courts, the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office and those committed to international arbitration.
Keo also advises on regulatory issues, with a focus on life science and food sectors. Her experience includes representing a generic pharmaceutical company in one of the first “pay-for-delay” patent settlement cases in Europe, as well as drafting research agreements and conducting investigations into laboratory good manufacturing practices.
In the transactional context, Keo regularly advises clients across a range of industries and deals. She has recently advised on IP and regulatory aspects of mergers and acquisitions for healthcare and technology clients, in addition to advising on IP licensing in technical sectors.
- University of Oxford (Post Graduate Diploma Intellectual Property Law) (2014)
- Nottingham Law School (LL.B.) (2010)
- University of Cambridge (Natural Sciences) (2007)
Admissions : England & Wales~United Kingdom (2013)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Food and Drug Law Institute – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advising in respect of multi-jurisdictional patent dispute strategy, including acting in litigation and arbitration proceedings in respect of pharmaceutical and consumer goods.
- Acting for a global manufacturing and technology company to successfully prevent an ex-employee from sharing business secrets and know-how with competitors.
- Advising a major US technology company on the cross-border acquisition of a health and sleep app and related devices.
- Advising a multinational enterprise application software company in relation to entering into a technology license agreement.
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company to update IP and regulatory provisions in clinical trial agreements for various jurisdictions.
Rate : $$$$