Kevin Stine represents individuals and businesses of all sizes from proprietorships to Fortune 500s in contract negotiations, commercial litigation and bankruptcy proceedings. Based in the Atlanta office, Mr. Stine has extensive experience in all aspects of trial practice in state and federal courts, bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings, arbitrations and mediations.
Mr. Stine focuses his practice on resolving contract disputes, bankruptcy and insolvency, loan restructuring and workouts, real estate and related financing matters, foreclosures, receiverships and post-judgment collection activities.
Mr. Stine builds long-standing relationships with clients allowing for a more in-depth understanding of their businesses, their day-to-day challenges, and the unique legal issues in their industries. This in turn enables Mr. Stine to provide proactive and cost-effective advice and counsel to clients.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Florida State University, B.S. in Accounting, 1995
- Georgia, 1998
- North Carolina, 2018
- All trial and appellate level state courts in Georgia, including Georgia Supreme Court and Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Representative Matters :
- Obtained full recovery for a mortgage lender in a real estate investor’s chapter 11 bankruptcy case, including post-default interest and legal fees.
- Secured multiple judgments for a bank lender against commercial borrowers and guarantors and pursued post-judgment collection action to recover monies for client.
- Represented a bank lender and successfully prosecuted adversary proceeding against bankruptcy debtor resulting in final judgment of non-dischargeability.
- Negotiated favorable consent judgment for secured lender in declaratory judgment action involving validity of security instruments and lien priorities in Georgia real estate.
- Successfully defended a vendor’s breach of contract suit and obtained favorable summary judgment ruling for clients.
- Represented floor plan financing lenders with repossession, foreclosure, and bankruptcies involving multiple automobile dealerships in Florida and Georgia and obtained substantial judgments against dealer principals.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – State Bar of Georgia (Creditors’ Rights Section)
- Member – American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member – Atlanta Bar Association (Litigation and Bankruptcy Sections)
- Member – American Bar Association (Business Law, Litigation, and Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Sections)
- Member – Sandy Springs Bar Association
Rate : $$$$