Kevin S. Allred received his B.A. in economics from the University of Illinois in 1982 and an M.A. in economics from UC Berkeley in 1986. Mr. Allred received his J.D. (Order of the Coif) from UC Berkeley in 1986. Following graduation, Mr. Allred served as law clerk to Judge Irving Hill of the U.S. District Court, Central District of California during 1986-88.
Since 1988, Mr. Allred has been an associate and then a partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson, handling a variety of complex business litigation. This litigation practice has emphasized professional liability matters, securities class actions and derivative actions, antitrust, unfair competition, trade secret and trade regulation matters, fraud claims and contract disputes. Mr. Allred has also handled litigation in other areas, including multiple False Claims Act cases, real estate disputes, and litigation arising in the bankruptcy context relating to various subject matter areas.
In addition to active litigation, Mr. Allred has consulted extensively with clients regarding potential antitrust or tortious interference claims in connection with contemplated transactions or business activities and has worked on antitrust clearance issues in connection with mergers.
Mr. Allred also has worked on corporate internal investigations and government investigations relating to potential antitrust, False Claims Act, securities or other corporate compliance issues. This consultation/investigation work has included work for clients in the oil, entertainment, health services, consumer products, aerospace, law, electric utility and general manufacturing areas.
- Representation of the Adelphia bankruptcy estate in claims against Motorola, Inc. and others, resulting post-trial in recoveries of over $100 million.
- Representation of several AmLaw 100 law firms in defending lawsuits and threatened claims seeking hundreds of millions of dollars, in a wide variety of matters, as well as representations in connection with SEC investigations.
- UC Berkeley School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Illinois (B.A., 1982)
- Judge Irving Hill, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1986-1988
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$