Kevin M. Bovard concentrates his practice on intellectual property and technology law, handling copyright, trademark and patent matters. In addition to his significant litigation experience, Kevin routinely counsels clients on trademark and copyright procurement, protection, clearance, registration and enforcement, as well as IP licensing.
Kevin applies his intellectual property knowledge in many and varied industries, from small start-up firms to large multinational corporations. Kevin recently taught Temple Law School’s Introduction to Intellectual Property course as an adjunct professor.
- Serves as lead trademark counsel and manages the global trademark portfolios of multiple Fortune 500 and 1000 companies, as well as smaller entities.
- Provides comprehensive trademark services, including clearance and trademark prosecution services, as well as enforcement strategies, to consumer products companies, medical device manufacturers, software companies, apparel retailers and other brand owners.
- Lead counsel in cancellation and opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the USPTO.
- Lead counsel defending a light emitting diode (LED) retailer against trademark infringement and trade secret misappropriation claims.
- Represented a telephone directory publisher in defending claims of copyright infringement based on the plaintiff’s collection of stock photographs.
- Represented an enterprise applications software company in a case against its direct competitor, alleging violations of the U.S. Copyright Act, Federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, California Computer Data Access and Fraud Act, California Unfair Competition Law, and related business torts.
- Defending a large technology company in a patent infringement case involving contact-voltage detection along streets. District court litigation was stayed following successful institution of inter partes review at the USPTO, after which all asserted claims were found to be invalid.
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 2006
- B.A., Swarthmore College, 2003
Admissions : Pennsylvania, California
Rate : $$$