Kevin Coleman works closely with business leaders and in-house counsel to navigate complex mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and other strategic and financial corporate transactions. He also helps financial institutions raise capital, negotiate and execute strategic transactions, and comply with ever-changing regulations.
Kevin represents private and public companies across multiple industries, including general manufacturing, pharma, media, payment processing, technology and banking. His practice focuses on all aspects of corporate and securities transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities, corporate governance and compliance matters, and general corporate matters.
Kevin has considerable experience in private equity transactions, minority investments, reorganizations, and negotiating and preparing commercial agreements.
Kevin also dedicates a significant portion of his practice to counseling and representing financial institutions. His representative experience includes assisting clients with bank regulatory matters, bank mergers and acquisitions, and capital-raising activities.
Before becoming an attorney, Kevin worked for a subsidiary of one of the world’s largest providers of business information and analytics. His prior work experience and business degree help him better understand each client’s business and enable him to align his legal advice with each client’s business objectives.
In addition to serving the needs of his business clients, Kevin regularly assists with pro bono matters. His pro bono work includes counseling a prominent nonprofit organization dedicated to providing low-income middle school students with the skills required to succeed on the pathway to college. Kevin also represents low-income individuals in connection with various civil disputes.
Representative Matters :
- Served as counsel to a leading pharmaceutical contract manufacturer in connection with the sale of all its equity interests to a private equity firm.
- Counseled Southwire Co. LLC, one of North America’s largest wire and cable products manufacturers, in connection with its acquisition of substantially all the assets of ProBuilt Professional Lighting Products LLC.
- Represented First Citizens Financial Corp. in connection with its merger with CoastalSouth Bancshares Inc. and the merger of the parties’ subsidiary banks.
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a controlling interest in a leading landscape supply company.
- Assisted with the recapitalization of America II Electronics Inc., one of the world’s largest distributors of semiconductors and electronic components.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member-at-Large, Executive Board, Gate City Bar Association (2018)
- Member, Alumni Council, Georgia State University College of Law
- Attorney Advisor, Law Students’ Coalition for Civil Rights
Professional Experience : Senior Data and Analytics Sales Associate, Construction Market Data (formerly Reed Construction Data), 2006-2011
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D./M.B.A., cum laude, 2015, Associate Research Editor, Georgia State University Law Review; National Champion, Student Trial Lawyers Association (Mock Trial)
- Morehouse College, B.S., 2005, Computer Science
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$