Kevin Devaney, a registered pharmacist and an attorney, brings his perspective as a health care provider, as well as over twenty years of legal experience, to his role in assisting health care clients with peer review matters, compliance issues and health care-related business transactions. He is a member of Eastman & Smith.
Mr. Devaney earned a bachelor of science in pharmacy and masters of business administration from the University of Buffalo, and graduated from Capital University Law School cum laude.
While in law school, he served as the managing editor of the law review. After law school, he clerked for the Honorable Judge John W. Potter, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Western Division. Mr. Devaney joined Eastman & Smith in 1996.
- Capital University, J.D. cum laude, 1991
- State University of New York at Buffalo, M.B.A., 1987
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S. (Pharmacy), 1986
- Ohio, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1992
EXPERIENCE : In keeping with the physician-focused nature of the Health Care Practice Group, Mr. Devaney
- routinely represents individual and medical group practices’ interests in transactions and dealings with the two major health care systems in the marketplace, including assisting physicians with medical staff professional review actions;
- represents two of the largest multi-specialty physician practices in the area, several hospitals in the outlying communities, as well as a local physician-hospital organization. Other health care clients include diagnostic imaging centers, behavioral health providers, pain management centers, and ambulatory surgery centers; and
- has served as counsel in connection with hospital mergers, the development of physician-hospital joint ventures and ambulatory surgery centers, as well as the growth and unwinding of large physician practices.
Rate : $$$$