Kevin B. Dreher is a commercial litigator and trial lawyer with a practice that includes insurance recovery litigation on behalf of corporate policyholders, complex commercial litigation and insurance-related counseling.
Kevin’s insurance recovery-related litigation experience has involved a broad array of coverage matters, including general liability and business risks, directors’ & officers’ liability, professional liability, cargo and marine, public officials’ liability, first-party property, business and contingent business interruption, product liability, environmental and asbestos liability, and more.
He has litigated and negotiated resolution of insurance disputes with all major U.S. insurers and the London and Bermuda markets. Kevin’s insurance coverage practice is nationwide and has involved litigation in jurisdictions throughout the United States, as well as arbitrations in London and Bermuda.
In addition to his insurance coverage experience, Kevin’s complex commercial litigation practice has involved representation of corporations and individuals in a variety of areas, including financial services litigation, outsourcing litigation, environmental and statutory enforcement litigation, class actions, securities/broker-dealer litigation and enforcement actions, white collar and corporate investigations, and product liability defense.
He has represented corporations across many industries, including energy and natural resources, technology, financial services, broker-dealer, retail, food products, utilities and manufacturing.
Kevin is a frequent speaker on various insurance and commercial litigation topics, including indemnification, commercial risk transfer and insurance. Kevin currently serves as co-chair of the IRG Risk Transfer Group as well as a member of the firm’s China Team.
While attending law school, Kevin taught various undergraduate courses, including Trial Advocacy and Speech Communication, and he was a teaching assistant for Torts and Statutory Interpretation courses.
- University of Illinois College of Law, 2002, J.D., Rickert Award for Excellence in Legal Writing, University of Illinois (2002)
- Loyola University Chicago, 1996, M.A.
- University of Michigan, 1993, B.A.
- University of Strausburg, France, International Institute of Human Rights, 1992
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Michigan
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Rate : $$$