Kevin Maher has a broad-based business-transactional practice focusing on complex cross-border corporate and commercial contract matters, with a strong emphasis on global brand expansion and international business growth.
His experience extends to cross-border joint venture transactions, international franchising, licensing and distribution transactions, international mergers and acquisitions, international regulatory compliance, multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganizations, international corporate formation and maintenance and international real estate and finance.
Kevin is also a regular speaker and writer on topics dealing with international franchising and international joint ventures. Kevin is currently a board member of the ABA Forum on Franchising’s International Division.
Kevin routinely advises and counsels clients in various industries with respect to the myriad challenges and opportunities presented by expanding, acquiring, selling, financing, franchising and licensing brands and businesses on an international level.
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D. summa cum laude) (2002)
- University of Dallas (B.A. cum laude) (1998)
Admissions : Texas~United States (2002)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represents several leading casual dining, fast casual and quick service restaurants in their international franchise, joint venture and other international matters on a global level.
- Assists major hotel brands expanding internationally via franchising in connection with negotiating and documenting franchise transactions, conducting local due diligence and regulatory compliance.
- Represented private investors in the acquisition, financings, refinancing and sale of ultra luxury resort in Latin America.
- Advised multiple clients with respect to multi-jurisdictional secured lending facilities and related matters.
- Represented multinational corporation in connection with the acquisition of a competing multinational brand.
- Advised multiple popular domestic retail store concepts with expanding internationally by licensing and franchising.
Rate : $$$