Kevin C. Felz’s practice focuses on domestic and international project finance, capital markets transactions and corporate law. Kevin has significant experience advising clients in domestic and international project finance transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors, including public-private infrastructure development.
He also represents issuers and underwriters in a variety of capital markets transactions, including issuances of common stock, debt, “hybrid” securities, medium-term note programs, at-the-market equity programs, commercial paper, first mortgage bonds, Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings and other private placements and private activity bonds. Kevin also advises clients regarding general corporate and reporting matters.
- Represented the Japan Bank for International Cooperation and other senior lenders in the approximately $4.37 billion financing of natural gas liquefaction and LNG export facilities in Freeport, Texas. Awarded 2014 “Deal of the Year – Americas” by Project Finance International (PFI), and 2014 “Americas Award for North American Oil & Gas and Global Overall” by Infrastructure Journal and 2015 Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project Finance by The American Lawyer.
- Represents the consortium selected to develop, construct, finance, operate and maintain toll lanes in the Houston, Texas area under a long-term public-private partnership concession.
- Represented sponsor consortium in its bid for the $1.2 billion public-private partnership concession to design, build, own and operate a bridge project in New York.
- Represents the project company of the I-595 managed lanes project in Florida in the refinancing of its original debt.
- Represented the concessionaire for the development, construction, operation and tolling of the Route 460 Corridor Improvements Project in Virginia in its issuance of approximately $293 million of senior lien revenue bonds.
- Represented underwriters in offering of tax-exempt senior lien revenue bonds to finance the construction and operation of a tunnel and expressway project in Virginia.
- Represents issuers and underwriters in billions of dollars of securities offerings each year, primarily in the utility and energy industries.
- Represented utility companies in the establishment of first mortgage indentures, Rule 144A/Reg S issuance of first mortgage bonds and the subsequent registered exchange of such bonds.
- Represented initial purchasers in Rule 144A/Reg S offering of secured debt by the owner of a petroleum products pipeline.
- Represented a copper tubing manufacturer emerging from bankruptcy in the capital markets portion of its exit financing.
- JD, Columbia Law School, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Managing Editor, Columbia Business Law Review, 2002
- BA, Furman University, magna cum laude, 1997
- New York
Rate : $$$$