Kevin M. Georgerian’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic corporate transactions.
As a partner in the firm’s corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions group, Kevin assists clients in a wide variety of industries with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic corporate and commercial transactions (domestic, international and cross-border) and corporate governance and securities law matters.
Kevin’s M&A practice involves representing clients in business unit and company acquisitions and divestitures. He has significant experience implementing carve-out acquisitions and divestitures, often involving complicated long-term post-closing licensing and commercial arrangements.
Kevin also has extensive experience with other strategic corporate and commercial transactions – frequently related to sourcing, developing and bringing products to market – including joint ventures and minority investments and supply, contract manufacturing, development and distribution arrangements.
Kevin has served as lead outside counsel to a publicly-traded Fortune 500 client and a publicly-traded Fortune 1000 client in their strategic acquisition and divestiture programs involving dozens of transactions.
- Regularly represents publicly-traded Fortune 500 global auto parts manufacturer in connection with domestic, international and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic transactions. Representation has involved:
- Multiple carve-out divestitures of global business units involving multiple jurisdictions, non-US buyers and complex multi-bidder auction processes.
- Multiple acquisitions and divestitures of domestic and international companies and business units, including Brazilian and Venezuelan transactions.
- Multiple long-term critical supplier and customer agreements and product development arrangements.
- Represented publicly-traded Fortune 1000 consumer lawn and garden products company in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic transactions. Representation involved more than 15 significant acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures, including:
- Multiple acquisitions of pesticide, growing media, rodenticide and fertilizer businesses, often involving significant post-closing ongoing licensing and supply arrangements.
- Divestiture of business unit in multiple transactions with two separate buyers involving complicated post-closing contractual licensing and supply arrangements.
- Structuring, formation and ongoing management of complex contractual joint venture relationship.
- Multiple strategic venture capital investments in start-up new product and technology companies.
- Represented parking space sensor technology start-up in Series A financing and acquisition of complementary parking meter business.
- Represented publicly traded vehicle and industrial paint and coating manufacturer in multiple transactions including acquisition of paint-color matching software business, sale of non-core technology assets and acquisition of liquid and powder refinish coating manufacturer and distributor.
- Represented Alaska Native Village Corporation in the acquisition and divestiture of multiple government contracting businesses and other acquisition and investment transactions.
- Represented Fortune 200 consumer products company in strategic, exclusive long-term supply arrangement in Latin America.
- Represented Fortune 100 consumer products company in $452M acquisition of Colombian target.
- Represented leading food products company in acquisition of largest US fresh salsa company.
- Represented public government sponsored enterprise in the formation of a joint venture for the development and operation of a technology platform.
- Represented public New England electric utility acquired by a leading Canadian energy company.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, cum laude, 2004
- BA, University of Richmond, 2001
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
Rate : $$$$