Kevin Gilliland is an associate in Troutman Sanders LLP’s Orange County office with extensive experience in business and construction litigation. Kevin seeks unique solutions to complex disputes in order to achieve cost-efficient results that meet his clients’ goals.
He has a proven track record of negotiating and settling contentious lawsuits, and delivers results if negotiations fall apart. His practice includes all aspects of civil litigation, representing clients in state and federal courts, mediations, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings.
Kevin specializes in litigating domestic and international multi-party construction disputes across the United States. As a lawyer and a former project engineer, he has worked on major projects involving residential and commercial developments, highways, schools and universities, hospitals and medical office buildings, military bases, airports, solar plants, and public infrastructure.
Kevin also has extensive experience litigating government claims, surety bonds, employment disputes, statutory violations (including Unfair Competition and False Claims matters), insurance claims, and state and federal intellectual property rights.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Construction Management Association of America — CMIT/Emerging Leaders Committee (2014)
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association — Barristers Section (2015)
- Construction Lawyers Society of America — Associate Fellow (2017)
- Chapman University Fowler School of Law, J.D., 2012, Editor, Chapman Journal of Criminal Justice, 2010-2011
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2006
BAR ADMISSIONS : California, New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$