Kevin C. Greene focuses his practice on helping regulated electric utilities navigate their complex and ever-evolving challenges. His perspective helps clients develop sound risk management and growth strategies in creating value for all stakeholders.
Kevin applies a highly nuanced understanding of the ways that regulation is integral to and thus affects every aspect of his clients’ businesses to assist his clients with every legal aspect of their businesses.
Over the past several decades, Kevin has served as regulatory counsel for two of the largest utilities in the United States. His clients view him as a go-to problem solver both for routine, day-to-day issues and for regulatory strategies in bet-the-company mergers and acquisitions, litigations and administrative hearings.
He works closely with executives to develop, plan and execute key initiatives, including integrated resource plans, plant certifications and cost recovery strategies for nuclear, coal and gas-fired power plants, as well as renewable generation and demand-side programs.
His vast knowledge of the industry also enables him to anticipate and prepare his clients for potential areas of risk or exposure.
Representative Matters :
- Served as counsel to Georgia Power Co. in its 2013, 2010, 2007, 2004, 2001, 1998 and 1995 general retail rate cases.
- Served as counsel to Southern Co. in connection with its merger with Savannah Electric Power Company Resources.
- Served as counsel to Georgia Power Co. and Duke Energy Carolinas in connection with their separate applications before their respective state regulatory agencies for recovery of and accounting for early development costs related to the development of nuclear power plants.
- Served as counsel to Georgia Power Co. in connection with its development of its renewable energy development initiative.
- Served as counsel to Georgia Power Co. in its several requests to certify power plants and power purchase agreements.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, District of Columbia Bar
- President, Southern Chapter, Energy Bar Association (2006)
Professional Experience : Law Clerk to the Honorable Charles A. Moye Jr., Chief Judge, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 1977-1979
- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1977
- University of Maryland, B.A., with highest honors, 1974
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia, District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Rate : $$$