Kevin Kono advocates for clients in a broad range of commercial and complex litigation matters, with a concentration of experience serving clients in the financial services industry. In addition, he represents creditors in debtor-creditor litigation, and appears in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts to protect and enforce lenders’ rights.
Kevin also serves clients through the appellate process, and has argued before the Oregon Court of Appeals, Oregon Supreme Court, and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Kevin regularly works with financial institutions on all types of pre-litigation and litigation matters.
His experience is varied, and includes matters relating to creditor’s rights and claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and various breach of contract and tort claims. He also has a growing practice with large financial institutions regarding mortgage-related litigation matters.
He also advises broadcasters and newspapers on media access, privacy torts, and other content-related issues, and defends media clients against defamation, invasion of privacy, and other similar claims.
Kevin serves as the Professional Development Partner for the firm’s litigation practice group. He is also on the Executive Committee of the Oregon State Bar Business Litigation Section.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Executive Committee, Oregon State Bar Business Litigation Section, 2012-present
- Mentor, University of Oregon School of Law 1L Mentoring Program, 2016-present
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association Court Liaison Committee, 2012-2015
- Japan-America Society of Oregon
- Member, Multnomah County Bar Association, 2002-present
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 2002
- Executive Editor, Oregon Law Review
- Tesdahl Award for Best Brief
- Maxine F. Lee Award for Editorial Excellence
- B.A., Psychology, Spanish, Business Administration, University of Oregon, 1991, summa cum laude
- Departmental honors in Psychology
Rate : $$$$