Kevin Hardman serves as Of Counsel in the Litigation Section of the firm’s Houston office. The hub of Kevin’s practice is general business litigation and corporate representation, with an emphasis on contract disputes, business torts, personal injury, product liability, employment law, toxic tort and commercial litigation.
His experience includes representing large, multi-national clients from various industries – including oil and gas, banking/finance, airlines, and technology – as plaintiffs and defendants in both state and federal court.
Prior to practicing law, Kevin served as an officer in the United States Air Force, first as a Nuclear Engineer and then as an officer with the Medical Service Corps. He was honorably discharged with the rank of Captain.
- Represented plaintiff in breach of contract dispute involving a real estate transaction; almost immediately after taking possession of property, defendant refused to make payments as agreed. Summary judgment granted in favor of plaintiff.
- Represented plaintiff in breach of contract suit against multiple defendants; obtained summary judgment on several critical claims and issues, resulting in defendants agreeing to settle.
- Represented plaintiff telecom company in breach of contract matter; obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of plaintiff.
- Represented corporate client in arbitration proceeding related to contract negotiations; obtained favorable outcome for client.
- Represented corporate client and several individuals sued in labor and employment matter; obtained summary judgment on a key issue and ultimately obtained a favorable settlement for defendants.
- Represented large public entity sued as defendant in a breach of contract case; obtained dismissal with respect to all claims.
- Represented major bank sued as defendant for wrongful dishonor of a letter of credit; obtained a take-nothing trial verdict in favor of bank.
- Represented Fortune 100 Company as plaintiff in a suit for wrongful dishonor of a letter of credit; obtained favorable settlement on behalf of plaintiff.
- Tried over a dozen cases to verdict as an attorney with the Houston Volunteer Prosecutor Program.
- Represented corporate client against garnishment action; prevailed at the garnishment hearing and plaintiff agreed to dismiss all claims against client.
- JD, University of Houston Law Center, 2001
- MBA, Marketing and Health Care Administration, Wright State University, 1995
- BS, Physics, Howard University, 1991
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Former Member, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Former Captain, United States Air Force
- Houston Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$