Kevin Kerns has more than two decades of experience representing clients in a wide range of complex commercial, corporate, and appellate matters. These matters have included representing Fortune 500 companies in nationwide class actions, breach of fiduciary duty claims against officers and directors of public and private companies, claims for breach of contract between businesses and individuals, internal disputes between shareholders and partners in closely held businesses, and disputes arising out of real estate transactions.
Kevin has tried numerous cases to verdict in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association, JAMS, and other dispute resolution panels. He has represented clients in mediations involving multimillion dollar claims.
Kevin also serves as a trusted counselor and adviser to his clients outside of litigation and has counseled executives and entrepreneurs with regard to various business and corporate governance matters.
He has significant experience in counseling clients on issues relating to electronic discovery and in litigating electronic discovery disputes. He has also coordinated and managed large-scale productions of ESI and briefed and argued ESI matters in court.
Kevin earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame and his law degree from the University of Chicago Law School.
- Led a team which uncovered and litigated a number of electronic evidence preservation and production issues in an antitrust action brought against a large pharmaceutical company by a group of third-party payors.
- Represented gaming company in antitrust action relating to the establishment of off track betting facilities.
- Defended mushroom grower in an industry wide civil treble damage antitrust class and direct actions in Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Represented higher education institution and achieved a complete victory in 2010 trial on claims for breach of contract brought against the school by a provider of online educational programs.
- Represented publicly held real estate lending institution, and achieved a seven figure victory in 2013 after a week-long trial in a dispute with real estate developer borrowers over an exit fee in mezzanine lending arrangement.
- Represented a publicly held lending institution in 2015 and successfully defeated motion for a preliminary injunction in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania which sought to prevent bank from exercising rights against developer borrowers.
- After a week-long trial in 2017, obtained a $4.7 million award in favor of a marketing company for claims based on unpaid sales commissions.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Saints Peter and Paul CYO, President
- Villanova Inn of Court
Rate : $$$