Kevin G. Lohman is a member of the Life Sciences Health Industry Group, focusing his practice in the area of product liability litigation primarily on the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device companies in complex actions in both state and federal courts.
He has served on multiple high profile mass tort trial teams including the Vioxx litigation, Diet Drug litigation, Avandia litigation, Composix Kugel hernia repair patch litigation, Avaulta transvaginal mesh litigation, Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter litigation, and the Infuse Bone Graft litigation.
In addition to defending medical device and pharmaceutical companies, Kevin has also represented two leading manufacturing clients in their defense of multiple toxic tort cases involving benzene. Kevin is a career litigator with a strong history of and passion for representing the pharmaceutical and medical industries in their work.
After years of representing them, he has developed a thorough understanding of the research and development they do, the technical skill and knowledge they possess, and he advocates to ensure that their products and devices are of the greatest benefit to the medical and pharmaceutical communities and most importantly, to the public and the people who need those products and devices to better their health and wellness.
Kevin also serves on the Board of Directors of the Exception Children’s Foundation (ECF). This non-profit organization has become a recognized innovator of services for young children, students, and adults with developmental, learning, and emotional disabilities, including but not limited to Autism.
ECF serves more than 3,800 young children, students, adults, and their families each year. ECF is the only organization of its kind in California, offering a full continuum of lifespan services for children and adults with developmental disabilities and other special needs.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, 2002, J.D., Member of the National Moot Court Appellate Team
- University of Notre Dame, 1999, B.B.A., Marketing and Computer Applications, cum laude
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Board of Directors, Exceptional Children’s Foundation
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Composix Kugel Hernia Repair Patch Litigation: Representing C.R. Bard, Inc. and Davol, Inc. in state coordinated cases and federal multidistrict litigation involving hernia mesh patches, as national counsel and trial team member.
- Avaulta Litigation: Representing C.R. Bard, Inc. in state court and federal multidistrict litigation involving transvaginal mesh patches.
- Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter Litigation: Representing C. R. Bard, Inc. in litigation involving medical device vascular filters for prevention of life-threatening pulmonary emboli.
- Avandia Litigation: Representing GlaxoSmithKline in litigation involving prescription medication for treatment of diabetes.
- Infuse Bone Graft: Representing Medtronic, Inc. in litigation involving medical device used for spinal fusion.
Rate : $$$