Kevin O’Brien practices in the area of insurance and reinsurance with a focus on complex insurance coverage, litigation and counseling, along with some insurance defense litigation.
In the insurance coverage practice area, he handles complex first- and third-party coverage matters in both state and federal courts, including matters involving Commercial Property, Commercial General Liability, Condominium Property, Motor Truck Cargo, Marine Cargo, Dealer’s Open Lot, Garage Keepers Legal Liability, Truckers’ Liability, E&O, Law Enforcement Liability, Public Officers & Employees Liability, Jeweler’s Block and Homeowners insurance policies.
He both represents and advises insurers on such matters, including providing coverage opinions and advice, assisting with Examinations Under Oath and representing insurers in coverage litigation.
Mr. O’Brien also advises and represents insurance clients on defense of “bad faith” and unfair claims practices allegations. He has also defended many professionals in professional liability actions. Mr. O’Brien also monitors local counsel and litigation in various other states for the firm’s insurance clients. He has represented a pro bono client before the Supreme Court of Florida.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2001; Salutatorian; Order of the Coif; Florida State University Law Review; Phi Delta Phi; Champion of 1998 Intramural Negotiation Competition
- Florida State University, B.S., magna cum laude, in Communications, 1997
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- North Carolina Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Florida State University College of Law Alumni Association (Presidential Appointment, Board of Directors)
Rate : $$$