Kevin M. Wood helps all types of healthcare providers navigate the complex and ever-changing rules that control how providers enter business arrangements with each other. Most providers want to solely focus on delivering quality healthcare to their patients.
As one of the most regulated industries, though, healthcare providers face many other challenges that demand their attentions. These challenges include such things as complying with federal and state fraud and abuse laws, ensuring the privacy and security of patient information, and being prepared should federal or state agencies knock on the door.
As Leader of Clark Hill’s Healthcare Practice Group, Kevin works with his group members to ensure they are aware of the latest challenges facing providers and others in the healthcare industry and are able to provide practical solutions for those challenges. Kevin’s experience in addressing these challenges and opportunities includes helping providers in their efforts to:
- Organize and implement operational adjustments in response to new requirements arising from healthcare reform, including how to get paid for what they do;
- Comply with federal and state anti-kickback laws and physician self-referral prohibitions (e.g., Stark Law);
- Comply with privacy, security, and breach notification requirements for healthcare data under HIPAA/HITECH and applicable state laws;
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, 2001
- B.A., summa cum laude, Hardin-Simmons University, Abilene, Texas, 1992, Julius Nelson Olsen Medal Recipient
State Bar Licenses : Texas
Rate : $$$