Kevin Murphy is a staff attorney in O’Melveny’s Washington, DC office and a member of the Litigation Department. Kevin has been a staff attorney since early 2006, and he has worked with the Antitrust/Competition, Labor & Employment (ERISA), Financial Services, Class Actions, Mass Torts, and Insurance Litigation, and Securities Practice Groups on various projects.
Kevin has been the lead staff attorney on numerous eDiscovery projects coordinating all aspects including document preservation, collection, responsiveness and privilege review, and production. He has extensive experience leading a privilege review and being one of the primary drafters of privilege logs.
Kevin has worked with Counsel and Associates in witness preparation and in case fact development. Additionally, he has supervised, managed, and trained project teams of staff attorneys and contract attorneys.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Kevin was an Associate attorney with Walutes and Bedford, a Virginia law firm, and he was an Associate General Counsel with Greystone Servicing Corporation, Inc.
- Currently representing an international consumer electronics company in a complex multi-defendant patent infringement case involving four patents asserted against multi-function printer devices
- Currently representing an international consumer electronics company in a patent infringement case involving wireless technology
- Currently representing an electronic component supplier in a matter involving six patents related to the down-conversion of RF signals
- Represented a consumer electronics company through trial in a complex patent case involving six patents alleged to cover the IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi standard; achieved a favorable settlement shortly before the jury delivered its verdict
- Represented an international consumer electronics company in a patent infringement matter involving microprocessor technology
- Represented an international consumer electronics company in obtaining a favorable settlement in a multi-defendant patent infringement action involving MP3 and AAC audio compression/decompression technology
- Represented an international consumer electronics company in securing a favorable settlement of patent infringement claims asserted against cellular telephone handsets with GPS navigation software
- Represented a major consumer electronics company in a patent infringement case involving cellular and Wi-Fi data transmissions
- District of Columbia
- George Mason University, J.D., 1994
- DePaul University, B.A., 1981
Rate : $$$