Kevin LaTulip is an experienced finance attorney helping financial institutions structure and close lending and leasing transactions including synthetic leases, capital leases, other structured-finance, C&I lending and commercial real estate. Mr. LaTulip has more than 16 years’ experience working on a broad range of commercial finance transactions.
He has handled the life cycle of transactions, from structuring, documenting and negotiating a front end transaction through closing, post-closing modification and workout. Mr. LaTulip’s clients appreciate his ability to work with their customers and third parties to facilitate closings and his desire to offer creative solutions rather than roadblocks.
Focusing his practice on structured finance, including synthetic leasing, Mr. LaTulip handles transactions for diverse assets including raw land, retail stores, company headquarters buildings, aircraft and rail cars. He also counsels clients on real estate matters, portfolio acquisitions and the efficient workouts of special assets.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2001
- University of Maryland, B.A., Education and Teaching Certificate, summa cum laude, 1997
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland, B.A., Language and Literature, 1992
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Structured Finance – Including Synthetic Leasing
- Represented lessor on $330 million syndicated synthetic lease construction to permanent financing of energy company’s new Texas headquarters building.
- Represented lessor on $50 million lease to a global aviation company involving acquisition and construction of FBO and maintenance facilities at a Los Angeles airport.
- Represented an international bank affiliate in a $350 million capital lease financing of sand mines and related infrastructure in Texas and Wisconsin to a wholly owned subsidiary of a global oilfield services company.
- Represented lessor on $245 million syndicated synthetic lease financing for construction of a new cruise ship terminal at Port Miami.
- Real Estate and Portfolio Sales and Acquisitions
- Represented a life insurance company affiliate in $270 million purchase of equity and railcar assets from affiliates of a major private equity fund.
- Represented lender on $13 million bridge to permanent mortgage loan for a 62-unit residential building located in Washington, D.C.
- Represented lender on $15 million construction loan for a high-end multi-family project in Washington, D.C.
- Represented lender on rehabilitation loan for a 39-unit residential building in Washington, D.C.
- Represented lender for restructuring and modification of $3 million credit facilities provided to Prince George’s County, Maryland residential developer.
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Maryland State Bar Association
Community Service : Member – CASA of Baltimore (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
Rate : $$$