Kevin A. Rang is a partner in the Technology Transactions practice. Kevin concentrates on outsourcing and information technology transactions. He represents clients in transactions involving :
(1) robotic process automation (RPA), artificial intelligence (AI), software licensing, cloud, “as a service” offerings and GPOs;
(2) the outsourcing of business process functions, including facilities management, transactional real estate services, food services, environmental services, supply chain, employee benefits, revenue cycle, logistics and accounts payable; and
(3) the outsourcing of technology functions, including network management, infrastructure, help desk, call center, telecommunications and application development and maintenance.
He has represented companies in many different industries, including life sciences, healthcare, airline, consumer products, food and beverage, chemicals, manufacturing, financial services, publishing and information technology.
According to Chambers USA, Kevin is “a go-to attorney for clients seeking advice on business process transactions and facilities management outsourcing” (2017) highlighting that he is “very commercial and he represents his clients well” (2016).
Clients emphasize that Kevin is “a tremendous asset to have on our negotiation team” (2015) and “a real expert on facilities management outsourcing” (2014). Furthermore, Kevin is a “savvy negotiator skilled at finding creative solutions to solve disputes” (2013), with clients recognizing him as a “master negotiator” (2012) and being “all-round excellent” (2011).
The 2008 edition noted that “the ‘utterly unfazeable’ Kevin Rang is especially active advising on facilities management outsourcings.” It has been said that he has “such a quick mind that he never misses a beat…very level-headed and civilized in negotiations – aggressive when needed, but never off-putting” (2007).
He has also been called “a definite asset in negotiations because of his logical brain and unflappable approach – he builds trust on all sides of the deal” (2006). Kevin joined Mayer Brown in 2000.
- Michigan State University, BA
- The University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laude
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of integrated facility management agreements in Europe and North America.
- Represented a multinational information provider in 4 separate regional integrated facility management transactions: North America, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
- Represented a global chemical company in negotiation of a laboratory research service agreement and integrated facility management agreements in North America and Asia.
- Represented a global consumer products company in connection with a global facilities management outsourcing transaction for office buildings in over 100 countries.
- Represented a global consumer products company in connection with a global facilities management outsourcing transaction covering manufacturing plants in Europe.
- Represented a US based hospital network in the negotiation of a revenue cycle outsourcing agreement.
- Represented a major US airline in the negotiation of an agreement for the provision of reservation services covering virtually all air travel with the airline.
- Represented a global appliance maker in the outsourcing of application, development and maintenance services.
- Have represented clients with respect to their first, second and third generation outsourcing transactions, primarily with respect to integrated facility management transactions.
Rate : $$$$