Mr. Kevin R. Reich is a commercial litigator whose practice encompasses a range of complex commercial matters, with a particular focus in antitrust law. Drawing on his background in economics, Mr. Reich represents clients in antitrust litigation, counsels on compliance matters arising in the restraint of trade and monopolization contexts, and guides clients through the merger review process under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act.
Outside of the antitrust context, Mr. Reich appears on behalf of corporations, individuals, and state agencies in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitrations and mediations, in matters involving contract disputes, fraud and RICO suits, and actions arising under securities and ERISA law.
For the last ten months of Governor Christie’s Administration, Mr. Reich served as Senior Counsel in the Office of Counsel to the Governor where he advised on legal, legislative, and regulatory issues related to local governments, including fire and building safety and production of housing, and elections.
In that role, he interacted with legislators and met with government affairs officers and other stakeholders. Mr. Reich joined Gibbons in 2012 from Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, where he began his career upon graduating from law school. Prior to law school, he spent two years as a consultant at McKinsey & Company.
Representative matters include:
- Representation of the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority in an emergent action in the Appellate Division, which affirmed the Authority’s approval of $1.1 billion in municipal bonds to finance development of the American Dream project in the Meadowlands
- Summary judgment obtained on behalf of the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority in a multimillion-dollar fraudulent concealment suit in state court
- Dismissal obtained on behalf of a leading provider of VoIP services in a multimillion-dollar state court action alleging violations of state RICO and common law
- Summary judgment obtained on behalf of a major title insurance company in a class action complaint alleging violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act in D.N.J.
- Representation of the claimant and counterclaim respondent in a multimillion-dollar arbitration concerning contractual earnout and alleged failure to pay customs duties
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.)
- Georgetown Law Journal
- Princeton University (B.A., magna cum laude)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Antitrust Law Committee
- New Jersey State Board of Dentistry
- Board Member
Rate : $$$