Kevin D. Rodkey focuses his practice in the areas of post-grant review proceedings, including inter partes review (IPR) and covered business method review (CBM) proceedings; patent litigation; appeals; prosecution; due diligence counseling; and transactions.
He has managed or assisted in more than forty post-grant proceedings related to a variety of electrical and mechanical technologies, representing both petitioners and patent owners.
Kevin represents plaintiffs and defendants in district court litigation, and advises clients on prosecution strategies, patent validity and infringement opinions, and due diligence investigations.
His practice includes aspects of wireless technology, data processing, optical systems, mobile devices, consumer products, and specialty materials. His technical background encompasses a variety of computer, electrical, and advanced materials-related technologies.
Prior to joining Finnegan, Kevin served as an intellectual property and licensing consultant to Pieris AG in Freising, Germany, assisting in a variety of patent-related matters, including portfolio management, transfer agreements, and patent licenses.
- George Washington University Law School J.D., with honors, 2010
- Georgia Institute of Technology M.S., Materials Science and Engineering, 2007
- Georgia Institute of Technology B.S., Materials Science and Engineering, with highest honors, 2006
- U.S. District Court, N.D. Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- Georgia Bar (Intellectual Property Section)
- Licensing Executives Society
Rate : $$$