Kevin L. Shepherd assists clients with complex real estate transactions. He represents some of the largest U.S. and global institutions in structuring and negotiating skyscraper development projects, corporate headquarters leases, office tower acquisitions, and electrical generation facilities development.
He drafts and coordinates interrelated documents, designing creative solutions that save his clients’ money. Kevin offers guidance to prominent corporations, U.S. and global hotel developers, merchant power companies, pension funds, nonprofits, real estate investment trusts (REITs), and institutional investors.
Kevin is managing director of finance and chair of Venable’s Finance Committee, which oversees the firm’s financial operations, policies, and procedures. He chaired Venable’s Real Estate Practice Group for twelve years.
- Arranged the purchase and sale of a premier Baltimore office tower, located at 100 East Pratt Street
- Aided in the development of the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel and 750 East Pratt Street, the first office tower to be built in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor after 2000
- Represented a GE subsidiary in drafting and negotiating a long-term lease of its corporate headquarters facility – one of the largest lease transactions in Montgomery County, Maryland history
- Represents the nation’s premier, New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-listed biotechnology real estate investment trust on acquisition, land use, financing, and leasing transactions
- Represented a national wildlife organization in the disposition of its significant land holding on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
- J.D. magna cum laude University of Baltimore School of Law 1984
- B.A. magna cum laude Frostburg State College 1979
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland
Clerk Experience : Honorable Harry A. Cole Court of Appeals of Maryland 1984 1985
Professional Memberships :
- Member, Anglo-American Real Property Institute
- Past chair, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law; member, House of Delegates; chair, Task Force on Gatekeeper Regulation and the Profession; former member, Standing Committee on Publishing Oversight; past editor-in-chief, Probate & Property
- Served a two-year term on the Character Committee of the Court of Appeals of Maryland
Rate : $$$$