Kevin James Whelan is a litigator with experience in commercial litigation, including franchise and other disputes, biometric privacy claims, product liability claims, and white collar investigations.
He has prepared for and taken depositions and assisted at trial, in addition to drafting pleadings, addressing ESI and other discovery issues, and preparing and responding to dispositive motions.
- Conducted 30(b)(6) deposition of corporate representative witness.
- Assisted on trial team in professional liability case resulting in $20 million settlement for client.
- Briefed motions to dismiss, discovery motions, motions for partial summary judgment, and motions in limine.
- Drafted complaints, mediation statements, and settlement agreements.
- Drafted successful evidentiary motion resulting in opponent’s withdrawal of motion for summary judgment.
- Represented individual client at an evidentiary prove-up hearing.
- Briefed partial summary judgment motion regarding choice-of-law issue, resulting in significantly reduced exposure for client.
- Assisted in obtaining wrongfully convicted client’s release from prison.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Wheaton College, B.A., 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$$