Kevin J. Wolf’s practice focuses on the:
- Regulations administered by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS)
- U.S. international trade policies.
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Regulations administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
In his role at the Commerce Department, Kevin’s primary responsibilities included:
- Developing and implementing policies pertaining to export administration issues, particularly the licensing requirements of EAR
- Representing the Commerce Department in meetings of CFIUS
- Developing and implementing with Obama administration leadership and career staff the Export Control Reform (ECR) initiative.
- Experience includes civil and criminal defense, internal investigations, due diligence audits and compliance program enhancements.
- Served as Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Export Administration (2010-2017), Bureau of Industry and Security.
- More than 25 years’ experience providing advice and counseling regarding the laws, regulations, policies and politics pertaining to export controls, sanctions, national security reviews of foreign direct investments and other international trade issues.
- Provides advice to companies and funds regarding the applicability of Treasury Department “Pilot Program” CFIUS regulations to transactions and business plans.
- Provides day-to-day advice and formal opinions regarding complex export control jurisdiction, classification, interpretation, and licensing matters.
- Defends individuals and corporations under investigation for civil and criminal violations of export control and sanctions regulations.
- Provides advice and guidance to companies in various industries regarding the preparation and submission of notices and filings to CFIUS.
- Leads corporatewide export control, sanctions, and foreign direct investment compliance program reviews, enhancements, and due diligence efforts.
- Conducts extensive training for companies in multiple industries regarding the scope, meaning, and application of U.S. export control and sanctions laws and regulations.
- Provides advice regarding proposed changes to export control regulations.
- Prepares voluntary disclosures.
- Advises companies in a wide variety of industries on the scope, meaning, and collateral implications of the Export Control Reform Act (ECRA) and the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (FIRRMA).
- Prepares draft comments for companies and trade associations in a wide variety of industries regarding Commerce Department requests for comments on proposed controls over emerging and foundational technologies.
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 1992
- M.A., University of Minnesota, 1992
- B.A., University of Missouri – Columbia, 1988
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$
What types of cases Attorney Kevin Wolf & Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP can handle?
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP can handle cases related to laws concerning Administrative, Antitrust & Trade, International Law. We manually verify each attorney’s practice areas before approving their profiles and reviews on our website.
Where is Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP located?
How much would it cost to hire Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP?
Kevin Wolf lawyer charges are specific to each case. However, they work with contingency fees and its ranges from $$ to $$$. They also provide free consultation [and no obligation quotes] if you are interested to hire.
Are Kevin Wolf reviews trust-able?
We have the ratings and reviews moderation team who checks and verifies every review submitted on our website manually. You can trust all the reviews you see on Kevin Wolf lawyer profile listing.