Kevin K. Yam represents and advises private and public employers in all areas of labor and employment law. His practice focuses on defending companies in employment litigation and wage and hour class and collective actions.
He also regularly counsels employers on their workplace policies and practices to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. His experience includes every phase of litigation from commencement through trial and appeal, including negotiating favorable settlements for clients.
Kevin works with a broad range of clients, including hospitals, medical and healthcare companies, financial institutions, nonprofit organizations, and businesses of all sizes in the hospitality, retail, construction and transportation industries.
He has appeared before state and federal courts as well as administrative agencies to defend his clients against claims involving : Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, Wrongful termination.
Kevin’s representative experience includes :
- As first chair counsel, represented an employer in a five-day wage-and-hour jury trial in federal court and successfully dismissed the overtime compensation, minimum wage, and spread of hours pay claims of two plaintiffs
- Represented large health care providers and retail employers in discrimination claims brought by employees
- Defended hotels and restaurant groups in class actions alleging improper distribution of service charges, improper tip credit and tip pooling arrangements, and minimum wage and overtime violations
Prior to joining Littler, Kevin spent three years as an attorney at a boutique law firm in New York City, practicing management-side labor and employment litigation and counseling and commercial litigation.
- J.D., SUNY Buffalo Law School, 2014
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Asian American Bar Association of New York (AABANY)
Rate : $$$