Kevin M. Yurkerwich is a senior associate who focuses his practice on complex intellectual property disputes. Mr. Yurkerwich represents clients before the US Patent and Trademark Office, in district courts and at the Federal Circuit.
He has represented clients in patent disputes involving a broad range of technological fields, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, tablet computers and diagnostic technologies. Mr. Yurkerwich maintains an active pro bono practice with an emphasis on helping eligible legal permanent residents overcome barriers to becoming US citizens.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Yurkerwich clerked for the Honorable Paul S. Grewal of the US District Court for the Northern District of California. During law school, Mr. Yurkerwich was a summer associate in the IP Litigation Practice in WilmerHale’s Palo Alto office and in the Silicon Valley office of another major law firm.
He was also a summer law clerk at the Habeas Corpus Resource Center in San Francisco, a state organization that provides legal representation for indigent petitioners in death penalty habeas corpus proceedings before the Supreme Court of California and the federal courts.
While obtaining his doctorate in chemistry at Columbia University, Mr. Yurkerwich worked with Professor Ged Parkin. At Columbia, Mr. Yurkerwich developed synthetic pathways to subvalent gallium and indium compounds and conducted extensive research related to mercury remediation.
As an undergraduate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Mr. Yurkerwich worked with Professor Kit Cummins and explored molybdenum-based alkyne metathesis precursors.
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in a multi-defendant, multi-patent ANDA litigation in District of New Jersey
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in a multi-patent litigation in the District of New Jersey
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in an inter partes review proceeding before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- Representation of molecular diagnostics company in inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2013
- PhD, Chemistry, Columbia University, 2010
- MPhil, Chemistry, Columbia University, 2009
- MA, Chemistry, Columbia University, 2007
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Paul S. Grewal, US District Court for the Northern District of California, 2013 – 2014
Rate : $$$$