Kfir B. Levy is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office and a member of the Intellectual Property practice. Kfir represents clients in the high tech, medical device, and telecommunications industries in patent litigation matters in federal courts, at the trial and appellate levels as well as in arbitrations and in Section 337 investigations before the International Trade Commission (ITC). He has considerable trial experience on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants.
Kfir has represented clients in matters relating to a wide variety of technologies including telecommunications systems and products, LCD, OLED, and plasma televisions and panels, pharmaceuticals, network communications and messaging systems, flash and DRAM memory devices, wireless routing systems, aseptic filling machines, and lighting products.
He works with clients on all stages of licensing and litigation, from pre-filing investigations through trial and appeal. He also counsels clients on patent and intellectual property matters, including analysis of IP implications on joint ventures and transactions, review of patent portfolios, freedom-to-operate analyses, and pre-litigation diligence.
- Kenyon College, BA
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, JD, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- California Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Maxell, Ltd. v. ZTE Corporation et al. (E.D. Tex. 2018) – representing former Hitachi subsidiary Maxell, Ltd. in patent enforcement action involving smartphones
- Mobile Telecommunications Technologies, LLC v. LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (E.D. Tex. 2013) – representing defendant LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. in patent infringement action involving smartphone and telecommunications network technologies
- Innovative Display Technologies LLC v. LG Electronics, Inc. et al. (D. Del. 2013) – representing defendants LG Electronics, Inc., LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc., LG Display Co., Ltd., and LG Display America, Inc. in patent infringement action involving LCD backlight technology
- Surpass Tech Innovation LLC v. LG Display Co., Ltd. et al. (D. Del. 2014) – representing defendants LG Display Co., Ltd. and LG Display America Inc. in patent infringement action involving LCD driving technology
- LG Display Co. Ltd. v. Obayashi Seikou Co., Ltd. (D.D.C. 2011; Japan) – representing plaintiff LG Display Co., Ltd. in multi-national dispute regarding inventorship, trade secret theft, and patent infringement over LCD technology
- Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp. et al. v. Dell, Inc. et al., ICDR Case No. 01-15-0004-4328 – representing Mitsubishi Electric Corporation in arbitration involving Blu-Ray technology
- Certain Mobile Electronic Devices Incorporating Haptics, Inv. No. 337-TA-834, representing respondent Motorola Mobility, Inc. in action involving haptic technology used in mobile devices
Rate : $$$