An experienced corporate lawyer, Kia T. Kuretski represents both public and private companies in the entertainment, sports and media space in a wide range of transactions. Kia’s entertainment and media clients include television networks, film studios, production companies and content distributors.
Her experience spans the corporate lifecycle from company formation and financing to acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and day-to-day business operations.
On the sports side, Kia represents individual investors in professional sports team acquisitions, as well as venues in various other corporate, sponsorship and licensing transactions. She also has experience in the burgeoning area of eSports.
Kia also maintains an active pro bono practice in the areas of child advocacy and representing nonprofit organizations.
Prior to receiving her law degree, Kia worked for Lionsgate in the General Counsel’s office where she built a foundation for her practice by gaining valuable experience in the business and legal operations of a publicly-traded company in the entertainment industry.
- Advised The Washington Justice (formerly Washington Esports Ventures) in connection with entry into Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch League
- Represented LaLiga, the Spanish soccer league, in its joint venture with Relevent Sports to commercialize its media, sponsorship, and licensing rights in North America
- Represented SportsCastr in connection with the sale of a minority stake in the company to the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) and the company’s becoming an official licensee of the NFLPA
- Represented American Flag Football League (AFFL) in connection with a broadcasting partnership with the NFL Network — the first-ever broadcast deal for professional flag football
- Represented Starz Play in establishing a strategic alliance with E-Vision, a wholly-owned subsidiary of multinational Emirati based telecommunications company Etisalat
- Representation of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and the Jones family in connection with the Goff family in the acquisition of eSports entity, compLexity Gaming
- Represented Imagine Entertainment in the formation of a TV co-financing venture with TVB Venture Investment, LLC, a subsidiary of Hong Kong-based Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB)
- Loyola Law School, J.D.: magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review; Sayre Macneil Scholar; St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- Boston University, B.A., Sociology: magna cum laude
Rate : $$$$