Kif H. Skidmore is Counsel to the Firm, rejoining SKO’s Lexington office after eight years as partner in another Lexington-based firm. She focuses her work in the practice of Business Litigation, Employment Litigation and Medical Defense, including representation of hospitals, physicians and long term care facilites.
She has extensive experience in evidentiary hearings, writing briefs and presenting oral arguments regarding the application of federal and state privacy law and Open Records laws to records at issue.
Kif also has litigated cases in administrative hearings and in state and federal courts involving long term care defense, medical and corporate negligence, product liability, business torts and public access to government proceedings and records, and preparing and presenting expert testimony in these areas.
While in law school, Kif was a member of the Kentucky Law Journal and Moot Court. She currently serves as immediate past president on the Executive Board of the Fayette County Bar Association and is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association. Kif also is vice president of the Lesotho Youth Foundation, a scholarship program providing Secondary education and HIV prevention for disadvantaged youth in southern Africa.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 2002, J.D., cum laude, Kentucky Law Journal
- Berea College 1995, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- Fayette County Bar Association, immediate past president
- Kentucky Bar Association, member
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center, supporter
- CASA of Lexington, supporter
- Lesotho Youth Foundation, vice president
Rate : $$$$