Mr. Kim Wells has been a member of the Florida Bar for over 30 years. He has represented both insurers and their insureds over the course of his career and has practiced extensively in the Central Florida/Tampa Bay area for many years.
His practice originally concentrated in the areas of insurance defense, including both first party insurance claims and bodily injury claims, as well as bad faith matters, and he was retained by insurance companies to represent them and their insureds.
Over the years his practice evolved and his practice is now dedicated to exclusively representing consumers and businesses in insurance cases against their own insurance companies, along with select personal injury cases.
These cases include, but are not limited to, insurance coverage claims, first party property matters (fire, sinkhole, hurricane, windstorm, and water damage claims), other insurance claims (life, disability, and other direct actions against insurers), bad faith claims (claims against an insurer for improper claim handling), insurance agent negligence, and bodily injury cases in both the state and federal courts.
Mr. Wells is an experienced litigator, having litigated cases statewide, including the trials of insurance coverage, bad faith, and bodily injury matters from as far north as Panama City, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville, to as far south as West Palm, including trials in the Tampa Bay area.
Mr. Wells has worked with several legal firms over the course of his 31 year legal career. These include being a partner in the law firms of Pilka & Wells, P.A., where he worked from 2007 until he formed the Wells Law Group, PA; , as well as the managing partner of Kim E. Wells, P.A.; Wells, Wiggins & Perusek, P.A.; and The Law Offices of Kim Wells. He was also a Senior Associate at the firms of Butler Pappas and the Merlin Law Group.
He is a member of The Florida Bar and admitted to the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, as well as the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Wells’ current professional memberships include the American Bar Association, Florida Justice Association, American Association for Justice, Windstorm Insurance Network (Former Chairman—Windstorm Insurance Network’s Legal Committee), Hillsborough County Bar Association, and the Brandon Bar Association.
He was formerly a member of the Florida Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention, The International Association of Arson Investigators, Defense Research Institute, as well as the Manatee, Leon, and Sarasota County Bar Associations.
Mr. Wells is active in the community and is a member of the Brandon Chamber of Commerce, is a 2009 class member of Leadership Brandon, and is a former Legal Advisor to the Florida State Elks Association, Inc., and Florida Elks Properties, Inc.
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida, J.D. – 1986
- Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan, B.S. – 1983
- Florida, 1987
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1994
Professional Associations And Memberships:
- American Bar Association, Member
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Windstorm Insurance Network, Member
- Brandon Bar Association, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- Brandon Chamber of Commerce, Elite Member
- Leadership Brandon, Class Member
- Florida Bar, Member
- Windstorm Insurance Network’s Legal Committee, Former Chairman
- Florida Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention, Former Member
- International Association of Arson Investigators, Defense Research Institute, Former Member
- Manatee, Leon and Sarasota County Bar Associations, Former Member
- Florida State Elks Association, Inc., Former Legal Advisor
- Florida Elks Properties, Inc., Former Legal Advisor
Rate : $$$$