Kim Mai is a member of the Energy, Power and Natural Resources Group, with a practice that focuses on energy finance transactions in the oil and gas exploration sector, the acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas properties and hedging transactions.
Kim has advised a wide variety of clients, including oil and gas companies and financial institutions and, in particular, is experienced in structuring, negotiating and documenting:
- Reserved based lending transactions, term loans and syndicated loans
- Purchase and Sale Agreements in a variety of oil and gas plays in the United States, including plays located in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma
- Joint Development Agreements and Joint Operating Agreements
- NAESB Agreements and other midstream agreements for purchasing, selling, processing, gathering and transporting natural gas and petroleum products by pipeline and barge
- Commodity monetization and intermediation structures involving hydrocarbons and refineries, including the negotiation of licensing matters
- ISDA Master Agreements and Schedules
In addition, Kim’s secondment experience with a large, international public company has provided her with a unique in-house immersion experience that has helped her to develop deep knowledge of a company’s daily operational and legal needs.
During her secondment arrangement, Kim played an integral role in updating the company’s gas and marketing compliance program, advising on rules and regulations of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the Dodd-Frank Act, and re-starting the company’s hedging program.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2012, magna cum laude; Member, Houston Law Review; Order of the Barons; Order of the Coif
- B.A., Biology, University of Texas at Austin, 2009, Phi Beta Kappa
- Clerk for the Judge Reece Rondon, 234th District Court of Texas, January-May 2011
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2012
Rate : $$$