Kimberly Brown Blacklow’s practice focuses on real estate and other asset-based finance transactions as well as structured finance and capital markets transactions in both the U.S. and abroad.
Kim represents both lenders and borrowers in commercial mortgage and mezzanine loan origination, intercreditor agreements, asset-based warehouse lending, credit tenant lease financing and other types of financing transactions.
She also has significant real estate acquisition and joint venture experience and has also represented a number of clients in loan acquisitions and dispositions, including transactions involving distressed assets. Kim regularly represents issuers, underwriters, and investors in both public and private commercial mortgage-backed securities offerings.
In addition to her regular practice, Kim has significant pro bono experience, including guiding the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council in the establishment of The Arts Center at Governors Island in New York City. For this and other efforts, she was acknowledged as the “Real Estate Lawyer of the Year” at Euromoney Legal Media Group’s second annual Americas Women in Business Law Awards in 2013.
Kim joined the firm in 1994 and became a partner in 2003. From 1999 to 2000 she was resident in the firm’s Tokyo office.
- The lenders in providing $1.3 billion of mortgage and mezzanine financing for the $2.6 billion REIT “spin-off” transaction of over 200 Sears stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
- American Tower in the securitization financing of more than 5,000 wireless communications towers.
- Goldman Sachs in connection with the restructuring of commercial mortgage loans made to retail REITs General Growth Properties and Simon Property Group.
- Istithmar (an affiliate of Dubai World) in the successful out-of-court restructuring of the iconic Fontainebleau Miami Hotel, a joint venture between Fontainebleau and Istithmar.
- TPG Capital in the acquisition of a $505 million portfolio of U.S. retail and mixed-use assets from ProLogis.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1994
- Radcliffe College, A.B., 1988
- New York
Rate : $$$