Kimberly Koziara is an associate in the firm’s Trial Practice Group. She focuses her practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation, government investigations and white collar criminal defense. Ms. Koziara has litigated a variety of disputes in both State and Federal courts.
Her experiences include breach of contract claims, business tort actions, consumer actions and professional malpractice claims. In her government investigations practice, she has defended financial institutions, investment advisers, and other corporate entities before government agencies, counseling clients from the early stages of an investigation through successful settlement negotiations.
Ms. Koziara understands the practical intricacies of litigating in the electronic era, and has managed complex and voluminous e-discovery processes employing a range of review structures and tools.
She has significant experience training and overseeing review teams, negotiating and coordinating with eDiscovery vendors, and optimizing review processes to fit the individual client’s needs.
In her community, Ms. Koziara serves as a Barrister in the University of Pennsylvania Law School American Inn of Court. She also actively volunteers with the Parent Infant Center, a not-for-profit early-education provider that supports West Philadelphia families.
- Represented pharmaceuticals manufacturer in suit against supplier of recalled raw material.
- Defended an investment advisor in an SEC investigation involving allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented law firm client in legal malpractice suit; defeated plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment and obtained holding that judgment entered against allegedly impaired lawyer based upon his failure to defend not binding on law firm.
- Defended individual charged with violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act; drafted sophisticated motions to dismiss and to exclude wiretap evidence.
- Defended a national law firm against fraud, conspiracy, and aiding and abetting client misconduct claims arising out of underlying real estate transactions.
- Represented a retail energy company in defense of six federal and state class actions alleging deceptive marketing practices.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2011
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 2006
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Professional Activities : Barrister, University of Pennsylvania Law School American Inn of Court
Rate : $$$