Kimberly Y. Higgins provides general employment counseling and litigation assistance to clients in various industries including: retail, food and beverage, banking, transportation and temporary staffing industries.
Kim has a wealth of knowledge regarding wage and hour class actions and disability discrimination matters. She represents clients in discrimination, retaliation and wage and hour litigation including preliminary investigations and administrative hearings.
Kim also provides practical advice regarding employment policies and practices, wage and hour audits and terminations. Beyond employment matters, Kim has handled a myriad of cases involving catastrophic personal injury and general civil litigation.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represents various companies, including consumer retail, banking and temporary staffing industry clients, in wage and hour class actions and single-plaintiff litigation.
- Drafts numerous stand-alone policies and multi-state employee handbooks including state-specific addendums.
- Counsels retail, banking and aviation industry clients on general employment matters, wage and hour issues and implementation of state-specific mandates such as local paid sick leave and minimum wage.
- Obtained summary judgment on all claims alleging disability discrimination, retaliation and CFRA violations brought by an employee against her health care industry employer.
- Working with lead counsel, successfully consolidated three separately filed wage and hour class actions and obtained court approval for joint settlement of all actions for a home health care company.
- Negotiated dismissal of class claims and favorable settlement of individual claims in wage and hour litigation for temporary staffing services company.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2006
- B.A., Claremont McKenna College, 1998
ADMISSIONS : California
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern California
Rate : $$$