Kimberly Peretti is co-chair of Alston & Bird’s Cybersecurity Preparedness & Response Team and National Security & Digital Crimes Team. Kim is the former director of PwC’s cyber forensic services group and a former senior litigator for the Department of Justice’s Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section.
At the DOJ, Kim led benchmark cybercrime cases, including the prosecution of the TJX hacker Albert Gonzalez. Kim’s background as both an information security professional and lawyer for more than 18 years enhances her practice in managing technical cyber investigations, assisting clients in responding to data security-related regulator inquiries, and advising boards and senior executives in matters of cybersecurity and cyber risk.
She also services clients in matters relating to privacy, national security process and requests, and payment systems compliance and risk mitigation. Kim is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- District of Columbia
- University of Munich, Germany (LL.M., 1997)
- Georgetown University (J.D., 1996)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., 1992)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- American Bar Association, Section of Science and Technology Law and Litigation Section
- Sedona Conference on Cyber Liability, faculty (2013–present)
- Georgetown University Law Center Cybersecurity Law Institute, advisory board (2013–2015)
- eFraud Network, Program Committee (2008–2011); e-Privacy Committee, co-chair (2012–present); councilmember and budget officer (2004–2009)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
Rate : $$$