Kim Cappleman practices in the area of health care law and assists clients in preparing and negotiating contractual arrangements between hospitals and physicians, addressing compliance issues arising under the HIPAA privacy rule and HITECH Act, structuring business arrangements in compliance with Medicare and Medicaid billing rules and fraud and abuse statutes, and developing and implementing corporate compliance programs that address health care regulatory matters.
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2001; Staff Member, Mississippi College Law Review
- Mississippi College, B.S., summa cum laude, in Political Science and History, 1998
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, Mississippi Chapter (Secretary, 2009-2011; Board of Directors, 2006-2008; Newsletter Chair, 2005-2007)
- Mississippi Chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Representing health care providers and suppliers in mergers and acquisitions.
- Representation of hospitals and physicians in Anti-Kickback and Stark issues, contractual relations, and development of corporate compliance plans.
- Representation of hospital in joint venture proposals and development.
- Representation of health care entities in compliance with health care privacy, security, and data breach notification regulations.
Rate : $$$