Kimberly C. MacLeod’s practice focuses on the representation of corporate borrowers in both cash-flow and asset-based financings.
Kim has broad experience with negotiating and documenting on behalf of borrower and lender clients revolving, bridge and term loan facilities, including acquisition financings, recapitalizations and “going private” transactions. She also represents residential mortgage servicers and lenders in financing servicing advance receivables and servicing rights.
Additionally, Kim advises borrowers and lenders in debtor-in-possession financings, troubled loans, workouts and restructurings.
Prior to joining the firm, Kim served as a judicial clerk to the Hon. A. Christian Compton of the Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Represented public company lawn and garden products and services provider in $2.3 billion secured multi-currency revolving and term credit agreement
- Represented underground and surface coal mining company in $400 million term and $125 million revolving loan facilities used to refinance existing debt
- Represented public specialty chemical company in $320 million secured term and revolving loan facilities to finance a strategic acquisition
- Represented private equity fund in $160 million financing secured by 36 golf courses located throughout the United States
- Represented public REITs in credit facilities to be used for acquisitions of full-service hotel properties in the “upper upscale” segment, office buildings and multi-family housing complexes
- Represents residential mortgage servicers and Wall Street and private equity lenders in revolving and term loans secured by Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and private label mortgage service rights and excess spread receivables
- Represents private equity funds in multi-tranche financings, including acquisition financings and “going private” transactions and dividend recapitalizations
- Represents borrowers on restructurings, work-outs and forbearance agreements
- Represented public company apparel retailer in negotiating credit card merchant services agreements for retailer’s entire Southeast Asia operations
- Represented public company consumer products retailer in negotiating a private label and co-branded credit card program agreement
- Represents companies in the negotiation of equipment leases
Conducts analysis of and advises clients on debt covenants and impact on operations, planning and strategic transactions
- Advises clients on best practices for negotiating and monitoring compliance with credit agreements
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, cum laude, 1996
- BA, Political Science, University of North Carolina, 1992
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Member, Virginia Bar Association and Richmond Bar Association
- Leadership Metro Richmond, Class of 2013
- President, Board of Directors, YWCA Richmond, 2016-2018
- Member of the Board of Directors of Boaz & Ruth
- Member of the Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project Screening Committee
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Children’s Home Society of Virginia
- Chair, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP Pro Bono Committee
Rate : $$$