Kimberly Nolte’s practice is built around various areas of federal income tax law, including renewable energy tax, structured finance and securitization, and capital market transactions.
Kim is a member of the firm’s tax and ERISA team.
She represents investors in various energy and renewable energy projects, including transactions involving section 45 production tax credits for the production of electricity from wind facilities, and section 48 investment tax credits for solar projects.
Additionally, her practice includes the representation of issuers and underwriters concerning tax issues in debt offerings, servicer advance facility financings, and mortgage-backed security offerings, including the representation of US government agencies in mortgage loan securitization transactions.
- Represented a financial institution as tax equity investor in connection with the development and construction of a 193.5 MW wind energy facility in California.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with its tax equity investment in a 34.7 MW repowered wind facility in Texas.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with its tax equity investment in an approximately 100 MW wind energy facility in Minnesota and an approximately 80 MW wind energy facility in New York.
- Represents a financial institution in connection with its tax equity investment into a portfolio of commercial utility-scale solar projects.
- Represents US government agencies in mortgage loan securitization transactions.
- Represents issuers and underwriters concerning tax issues in servicer advance facility financings.
- Represents sellers and purchasers of excess servicing rights in mortgage servicing transactions.
- Represents investors regarding tax issues in joint venture agreements.
- Represents low income taxpayers on a pro bono basis before IRS Appeals and in the US Tax Court.
- JD, William & Mary Law School, cum laude, William & Mary Journal of Women and the Law, 2017
- BA, Marquette University, cum laude, 2014
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$