Ms. Kiran Aftab Seldon is senior counsel in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. A member of the Appellate Law Practice Group and Labor & Employment Department, Ms. Seldon represents employers in employment law matters in administrative, trial court, and appellate court proceedings.
In her appellate practice, Ms. Seldon has briefed and argued appeals and writs in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the California courts of appeal. Her appellate work has included merits briefing, petitions for discretionary review, and amicus briefing in such diverse areas as wage and hour law, class certification, CAFA removal, employment discrimination, workers’ compensation, arbitration, whistleblower claims, contractual and tort claims, and commercial disputes.
Ms. Seldon also has extensive experience representing employers in single plaintiff and class action litigation involving harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour issues. Following graduation from law school, Ms. Seldon was law clerk to the Honorable Lourdes G. Baird, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, from 2000 to 2001.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, Order of the Coif (2000)
- B.S., University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business, cum laude (1996)
- All State Courts of the State of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
Rate : $$$