S. Kirk Ingebretsen has been practicing complex commercial litigation since his admission to the bar in 1981. His practice focuses on cases involving breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, covenants not to compete, breach of fiduciary duties, corporate governance, Directors and Officers insurance coverage, fraud, securities fraud, real estate and accountant professional liability.
He also has experience defending personal injury and other tort claims. In addition to handling cases at the trial and appellate levels, Kirk has extensive arbitration experience, both as an advocate and as an arbitrator, with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the American Arbitration Association.
Kirk was an adjunct professor at the University of Colorado School of Law for five years where he taught litigation skills to third-year law students.
He serves on the faculty of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, was a Managing Director of the ABA Section of Litigation, and is currently a Member of the ABA Section of Litigation’s Federal Practice Task Force.
- J.D., University of Colorado, 1981
- Order of the Coif
- B.A., with distinction, Stanford University, 1977 (Human Biology)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Managing Director (2017)
- Western Energy Alliance
- High School Mock Trial Coach (2007-Present)
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, Former Board Member
- The Challenge Foundation, Former Board Member
Rate : $$$