A founding member of our Palo Alto office, Kirsten J. Jensen has specialized in mergers and acquisitions over her 25+ years of practice. Named one of the “Women Leaders in Tech Law” by The Recorder in multiple years for her extensive experience representing clients in the tech and biotech industries, Kirsten has also been recognized as a “Top Women Lawyer” by the Daily Journal, and by The Legal 500 United States for her M&A work.
Kirsten regularly advises her corporate and private equity clients on public and private M&A, joint ventures, minority investments, corporate defense and general corporate matters. She enjoys using her knowledge and experience to provide practical advice and develop solutions to help her clients achieve their business goals.
Kirsten works with clients in a broad range of industries in addition to tech and biotech, including pharmaceutical, healthcare, renewable energy, finance, consumer products, media, real estate, aerospace and light industrial. Kirsten received her B.A. from Yale in 1988 and her J.D. from Harvard in 1991.
Some of Kirsten’s corporate acquisition representations include:
- Foxconn Interconnect Technology in its pending acquisition of Belkin International
- McKesson Corporation in its acquisition of CoverMyMeds, the purchase of intraFUSION and the sale of affiliates Med Fusion and ClearPoint Diagnostic Laboratories to Quest Diagnostic
- Electronic Arts in its acquisition of independent game studio developer Respawn Entertainment
- Facet Biotech in its successful defense against Biogen Idec’s hostile tender offer and in its subsequent sale to Abbott Laboratories
- Google in its purchase of YouTube
- Agilent Technologies in the divestiture of its semiconductor products group to Silver Lake and KKR
Some examples of Kirsten’s work with private equity firms and their portfolio companies are her representations of:
- Riverwood Capital Partners in various investments including Vacasa
- Elevation, in its investments in MarketShare, Forbes Media and Palm and in the sales of MarketShare to Neustar, of Forbes to Integrated Whale Media and of Palm to Hewlett-Packard Company
- Health Evolution Partners, in its investment in CenseoHealth and in transactions involving its portfolio companies Optimal IMX, Halcyon Health and Freedom Innovations
- Riverwood and Texas Pacific Group in their investment in Aptina Imaging, and Riverwood, TPG and Aptina in the sale of Aptina to ON Semiconductor
- Hellman & Friedman, in its acquisition of Goodman Global, and Hellman & Friedman and TPG in their purchase of Intergraph Corporation
Her joint venture experience includes representing:
- McKesson Corporation in its generic pharmaceutical sourcing alliance with Wal-Mart Stores
- CB Richard Ellis in its acquisition and joint venture Clarion Real Estate Securities
- Clorox in its joint venture with Procter & Gamble for its Glad-branded business
- Accenture in the formation of Avanade, its joint venture with Microsoft
Kirsten authored the chapter on “Due Diligence in M&A and Securities Offerings” in the PLI publication Advising High-Technology Companies. She is admitted to practice in California, New York and Texas.
- Harvard Law School, 1991 J.D.
- Yale University, 1988 B.A.
- California Bar Association, Member
- New York Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- California 2000
- New York 1992
- Texas 2018
Rate : $$$