Klaus Eppler has a national reputation as a preeminent corporate and securities lawyer, gained in over 50 years of practice with our Corporate Department. For many years he served on Proskauer’s Executive Committee and is a former Co-Chair of the Corporate Department.
Klaus’ clients, many of which are in the retail industry, have looked to him for guidance for several decades. He is a director of several public and privately held companies. Klaus has been very active in the defense of companies against hostile takeovers, typically representing the board, a special committee, or management directors of target companies.
He also has handled a number of major restructuring transactions, including public exchange offers and debt workouts, as well as pre-negotiated and other Chapter 11 proceedings. Over the years he has handled a large number of securities offerings, including many successful IPOs, as well as major mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses.
A widely published author, Klaus has chaired many forums dealing with the federal securities laws. He also has served as a panelist or speaker on continuing legal education programs in various business law fields.
He has participated in business law conferences in China, Australia and in Eastern Europe. For over 25 years, he annually chaired a highly successful Practising Law Institute forum on “Preparation of Annual Disclosure Documents.”
He is co-author of Going Public, Second Edition, Clark Boardman & Co. Klaus is a pensioned partner who ceased active partnership with responsibility for clients in 2001.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 1962
- Yale Law School, LL.B., 1954
- Union College, A.B., 1951
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
- New York County Lawyers’ Association (Past President, Securities Law Committee, Member of Executive Committee and Board of Directors)
- American Bar Association (House of Delegates, Securities Law Committee)
- New York State Bar Association (House of Delegates)
- New York City Bar (Securities Law Committee)
Government Service :
- Agent Handler, U.S. Army Intelligence, Berlin, Germany, 1955-1956
- Chair, Indigent Defense Organization Oversight Committee, Appellate Division, First Department.
Rate : $$$