Kody D. L. Kleber is a versatile and conscientious advocate who makes his clients’ needs his first priority. He represents and counsels clients in a range of complex commercial litigation matters, including oil and gas, contract, trademark, copyright, and real estate disputes.
He also handles trusts and estates and personal injury defense matters. Kody has extensive experience representing his clients in many different forums, including mediation and arbitration.
- Represented, as second chair, an operator and working interest owner of an East Texas oil field in an arbitration proceeding against another working interest owner in a dispute concerning joint operations of the oil field. The case settled on favorable terms during the arbitration proceeding.
- Served as second chair in the representation of a Texas operator in a lawsuit arising from breaches of an Acquisition and Participation agreement.
- Represented a chemical manufacturer as the plaintiff in two breach of contract suits. Won a motion for summary judgment in one case and negotiated a settlement in favor of the client in the second.
- Represented a large multinational parent company in a fraud and breach of software licensing and consulting agreement suit involving a dozen independently represented subsidiaries. Negotiated and co-drafted a multimillion-dollar settlement agreement on behalf of the parent company.
- While representing a national electronics retailer in a premises liability action in Harris County District Court, argued and won a motion for summary judgment on all claims for the client.
- Represented a partner to a real estate development partnership in an arbitration dispute with development partners concerning the development of partnership property.
- Counsels and defends an energy investment company in a copyright infringement matter in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas relating to alleged large scale unauthorized distribution of subscription newsletters.
- Represents and counsels a national bank in trusts and estates litigation matters in Texas.
- Represented an online marketplace services company in responding to a civil investigative demand from the Texas Office of the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division.
- Represents the Houston Zoo as litigation counsel and in negotiating and drafting various vendor, supplier and services contracts.
- Houston Bar Association
- Fee Dispute Committee
- Professionalism Committee
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
Community : Dispute Resolution Center of Houston: Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$